After an amazing 23 years of service, our Head Chef is handing over the reins leaving an exciting opportunity to lead of one of New Zealand’s most iconic winery restaurants at Gibbston Valley Wines in Queenstown.
We’re looking for a Head Chef to be the champion of our kitchen team.
Our kitchen sets an impeccable standard of consistency and excellence. Each dish you present represents us, and create peoples’ memories of this incredible venue.
Your task will be to imaginatively source and present the best from this deeply diverse region. With extensive knowledge of modern cuisine, you will be able to produce inventive daily as well as seasonal menus of outstanding quality. You will expertly match food with wine and be a key driver in developing new areas of culinary exploration at Gibbston Valley.
You will seamlessly work with a range of clients understanding the needs of different groups, and enjoy the opportunity to present your work to our knowledge hungry customer base.
It is a busy, hands on job – and an outstanding opportunity for creative exploration.
- Creating new menus and wine pairings
- Accountability for all kitchen compliance, including FCP management
- Managing and delivering food production, standards and presentations
- Mentor the team, building their confidence and ability
- Responsible for all controls in the kitchen, including wages, COGS, ordering and stock take
- Compliance to food hygiene and occupational health and safety standards
- Ensuring all operational processes and procedures are adhered to
- Costing and delivering menus to company targets
- Ensure front of house and kitchen staff cohesion at all times
Applicants must have:
- Good financial management skills – ability to work to budget and overhead costs
- Lead from the front – with good communication skills with front and back of house team
- Hands on & operational, not afraid to get your hands dirty
- At least 2/3 years’ experience at a senior level in a high volume environment managing both group and FIT customers
- Ambitious with creativity and drive
- Strong organisational skills and calm under pressure
- Passion and relevant trade qualifications
- A knowledge of event/function planning and service is an advantage.
Shifts are mainly day shifts with occasional evening functions. Great remuneration for the right attitude and experience.
Only long term applicants with the right to work & reside in New Zealand will be contacted.