Top 5 reasons you want this role
- Collaborative leadership environment
- You’ll lead an authentic and talented team of engineers
- We pave the way forward with cutting edge technologies
- You get to keep a hand in the technical stuff
- Empowerment to drive the team forward.
Who are Provoke?
We’re exceptionally proud to be a home-grown success story. 16 years ago, we were your classic kiwi start-up that has now evolved into a successful global IT solutions business. At Provoke, we combine the exceptional talent of our people with the latest technology to drive business change for our customers.
Who are we looking for?
A passionate and experienced people manager, keen to roll their leadership and top notch infrastructure & Microsoft cloud engineering skills into one package. Pretty simple really!
What will you do?
As well as leading our team internally, you’ll also be consulting and designing solutions for our customers. In addition, you’ll represent the infrastructure team internally providing strategic business and thought leadership within our collaborative and supportive environment. Broken down this looks like:
- All aspects of people and performance management, with a coaching and development mentality
- Developing and refining our infrastructure / cloud service offering
- Developing and maintaining sales collateral
- Keeping on top of business & technical trends and how that impacts our customers and us
- Providing estimates of work as well as contributing to proposals
- Ownership of the infrastructure team policies and procedures in collaboration with your counterparts throughout the business and our Group IT Manager
- Acting as an escalation point and resolving any issues as required
- Presales in collaboration with or sales team.
The non-negotiable’s we’re after both technically and commercially include:
- 8+ years of IT operations/engineering experience including at least 2 years of direct people management
- Demonstrable negotiation and business leadership expertise
- Polished communication skills including written, verbal and presentation
- Relationship-building skills so our customers know you’re there for them
- Someone who thrives under pressure and manages their time well
- Ambition and drive with a love of learning & keeping up to date with technology
- A passion for training and seeing your team flourish
- Office 365 setup & administration
- Email migration experience to Exchange Online (Exchange hybrid, cutover, Migration Wiz, etc)
- EMS implementation experience (InTune, MFA, RMS, Azure AD, Cloud security)
- Azure deployment, configuration and management
- Windows Server systems administration & engineering experience
- Recent Microsoft certifications
- The ability to obtain Secret or Confidential level security clearance.
last bullet point is REALLY important. Due to the nature of clients we
work with in Wellington, we can’t assign to work on the essential
projects we would need you on if this can’t be obtained. This means you
must either be a NZ Citizen OR to have lived in New Zealand for 5 – 10
years OR be a citizen of one of the ‘Five Eye’ countries.
What’s in it for you?
Where do we start? How about an excellent package that includes your salary plus the following perks?
- Free health insurance
- Subsidized mobile plan
- MSDN subscription with free Azure credits
- Free training offers and exams
- Free massages, fruit and snacks
- Plus a creative and active social club!
Plus with around 150 staff (and growing) worldwide, who knows where we’ll pop up next!
For more information, be sure to visit www.provokesolutions.com
Provoke Solutions Inc. is proud to be an EEO Employer.