· Are you a tradesperson looking for a change in 2018?
· Use your skills to make a difference in your community!
· Great location, peaceful surroundings…no traffic, no concrete jungle and free parking!
· Permanent role, Flexible working hours!
We are seeking an experienced, hands-on Maintenance & Handyperson who has a warm and friendly approach, an eye for detail, will ensure our properties are well-maintained and safe, and can hit the ground running to ensure:
· Totara House grounds, property and equipment is well managed and maintained
· Security of our premises and property is maintained at the highest levels
· Addressing repairs and maintenance issues at 6 Hospice Retail Stores
The successful applicant will have the following skills and attributes:
· Experience in a similar maintenance role, or trade qualification/experience such as building, electrical, plumbing
· Practical ability to undertake day to day repairs e.g. general property repairs, erecting shelves, painting repairs to patient equipment etc.
- Computer competence for data entry and Microsoft Outlook
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritise work and juggle multiple jobs at one time
· This is a hands-on, physical role including a significant amount of manual handling, so a good level of physical fitness is required
· Have highly developed customer service and stakeholder engagement skills and a flexible approach
· Have sound knowledge of preventive & reactive maintenance
· Sensitivity, understanding and respect for our diverse community, and also for the journey each patient and family is travelling.
- Experience working in a not for profit and/or health sector would be an advantage
- Full NZ driver’s license
Who are we…
Totara Hospice South Auckland is a supportive and caring organisation based on a philosophy of care, providing palliative care services to patients and their families. We provide significant support to our patients and their family, and make a difference in their lives.
Why work for us….
This position offers a warm and friendly environment, and the chance to work alongside a team in a professional service that strives to make a real difference in the lives of patients and their families. Join us to help Make Hospice Happen and support the belief of the Totara Hospice team that even though dying is inevitable, dying unsupported is unacceptable.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, apply now…applications will be reviewed as they come in and will close once we find the perfect person…so don’t miss out on this great opportunity!
To apply for this job go to: http://talentpropellerjobs.co.nz & enter ref code: 3902297.