Who are Provoke?
We’re exceptionally proud to be a home-grown success story. 16 years ago, we were your classic kiwi start-up that has now evolved into a successful global IT solutions business. At Provoke, we combine the exceptional talent of our people with the latest technology to drive business change for our customers.
What will you do?
As a Provoke champion to our customers, you’ll provide advice and work collaboratively with the broader team to deliver on their strategic vision. Broken down further this will include:
- Navigating through large, complex organisations within the Wellington public sector arena
- Working with cross functional teams from project inception right through to go-live
- Ensuring the vision of the project is followed through with pragmatic and transparent decisions made throughout the process
- Pre-sales in conjunction with our sales teams
- Providing input into the selection and use of appropriate architectural tools and techniques that support internal and client goals, including modeling and visual tools.
- Maintaining an understanding of open source and other alternative technology stacks with the ability to articulate their pros & cons in comparison to Microsoft.
- Providing strategic thought leadership to our clients and internal team bringing deep business and technical understanding to discussions
- Helping shape the direction of the architecture practice for Wellington.
What are we looking for?
In a role that has a big focus on stakeholders, you’ll be used to a fair bit of ambiguity. With your natural passion for solution architecture and development practices, you’ll be able to both conceptualise and articulate outcomes as well as roll your sleeves up and get down in the trenches. As well as being used to change/governance/architecture boards and having your architecture and decisions independently reviewed, you’ll also have:
- 5+ years Senior Application Architecture experience
- A holistic view of people’s needs and motivations that our solutions need to address, with the ability to scale the deliverables to the style of project and customer
- Experience with model driven architecture and architectural tools.
- Experience with Microsoft products and technologies, inc .NET, + Azure and ideally SharePoint
- Software development, database and application design skills
- Knowledge of architecture practices such as TOGAF, Rozanski – Woods
- The ability to co-ordinate simultaneous projects for multiple customers
- The ability to present concepts and ideas with confidence, communicating solutions at conceptual, logical and physical levels
- The ability to plan through an understanding of the impacts, dependencies and risks of the chosen architecture
- Proven modelling skills using formal languages such as UML, Archimate, BPMN.
- Proven understanding of how solutions enable business goals.
- An ability to adapt architecture practices to different scale projects and different delivery methodologies.
What’s in it for you?
For a start you’ll be working with a bunch of skilled, authentic and creative people who have a little pinch of zest. Everything we do at Provoke stems from our guiding principles, that we: look after each other, love our customers and live for tomorrow. With that in mind we offer a heap of perks to make sure you feel looked after. These include:
- Free health insurance
- Your birthday off
- Subsidised mobile plan
- Free massages
- Free fruit and snacks
- An imaginative and active social club!
Plus with around 150 staff (and growing) worldwide, who knows where we’ll pop up next!
For more information, be sure to visit www.provokesolutions.com
Provoke Solutions Inc. is proud to be an EEO Employer.